There are of course several other CMS in the market too that have some excellent features and capabilities but Joomla may be ideal for many for several reasons. Statistics show that almost 3% of all websites run on Joomla. The top 5 reasons for its popularity are mentioned below:
- The best ROI :
- It is open source software so there is no payment needed to use it. The only cost involved is in development.
- There are many who further cut their costs on development by outsourcing. You can do the same too, provided you are certain of the service quality of the outsourced company. Outsourcing from India is preferred by many today as it not only increases the ROI of a business but also ensures quality of design. It is no secret anymore that there are hundreds of western companies outsourcing their Joomla Development to Asian countries like India.
- Web design requires teamwork and if one were to use a paid software then each team member would need the software on their computers. This cost will obviously be transferred by the development companies to their clients. However, with free CMS like Joomla, this cost does not exist at all.
- There is another fact that Joomla is available on the loud so one need not even own a computer to design a website! This is ideal for individuals owning a small business and who prefer to use Joomla on their own to design a simple website.
- Makes Your Site extremely Search engine Friendly – the key to success on the internet is through a higher ranking on all the major search engines including of course Google. Joomla is the ideal software for search engine optimization. There are several extensions that can help your website to be better indexed and appear on relevant searches every time. In fact, there are more than 8000 extensions that means you have plenty of ways to make your website rank well. There are custom made extensions as well as ready to use ones. Although, it is quite simple to be used even by a novice; the most professional look will be obtained by only trained developer of Joomla.
- Ideal platform for large websites – if you have a huge business with a wide range of products and services, then it is natural for your website to have even a hundred pages. Joomla can help a business organize these pages such that they all work together as a whole.
- GUI control panel – It is easy to create a professional Joomla Website Design even by novices because of the highly convenient graphical user interface. There is absolutely no necessity of learning HTML, JS, PHP or any other coding language, although, it never hurts to pick up on some technical expertise in order to do a good job!
- Community support – there are over 200,000 community users of Joomla. Since it is an open source platforms, one can easily take help in any aspect of web designing that might be a little difficult. This huge community of users ensures that there is updating done every six months so that if there are any bugs, it can be fixed. However, if you do not feel confident in doing all these tasks yourself, then it is better to take the help of a professional Joomla Development
Why Hire a Developer?
This is a good question considering that developing and designing with Joomla can be done by novices too.
Well, it may be noted that currently there are so many newer versions being released and so many extensions being developed by the huge community of users that it is impossible for a novice to keep track. A professional company on the other hand can easily identify great extensions from average or worthless ones!
Does Joomla have any drawbacks?
In the past, the CMS did have trouble in controlling the appearance of the website but all that has changed now with newer versions. The only drawback that can be noticed now is that there are very few companies that have well trained experts in Joomla. One company that has become quite the favorite for Joomla web development is NCodeTechnologies.com.