Before we jump into why ASP.NET is the right choice to build a Real Estate website, let’s understand the things to keep in mind while building a Real Estate website.
While building a Real Estate website the factors which need to be kept in mind, it should be interactive, effective and revenue-generating. The main objective of this website is basically to help the Real Estate Company to display end- number of properties on their website.
Let’s Answer, Why Choose ASP.NET
Active Server Page [ASP] technology is the next generation Microsoft web application framework which allows programmers to dynamically build web pages, web applications and also create web services.
ASP.NET is said to be the next generation of web development. The function of ASP.NET is to create dynamic web pages which allow C# and VB.Net for programming web applications. One of the important features of ASP.NET is web services. Web services denote several pieces of the application working in servers around the world. Using Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) is very simple in ASP.NET. The built-in tools of ASP.NET support XML for data storage, manipulation, and configuration. The enormous class library in ASP.NET encapsulates many common functions. ASP.NET is built on the Common Language Runtime (CLR) which allows programmers to write code using .NET supported languages.
Few More Pointers, to Clear Your Doubts on ASP.NET:
- It is one of the best choices for building applications that are completely secured with its built-in Windows authentication and per-application configuration
- Nominal coding is needed to build large applications using ASP.NET
- It comes with a toolbox and designer in the Visual Studio integrated development environment.
- This technology is chosen by developers as it makes it easier and simpler to create and maintain because of the existence of source code and also HTML.
- To make it user-friendly it comes with the feature which allows users to choose the language of their choice or divide the application as per different languages.
- To make it hassle-free, the configuration information is built-in; there is no process of registration of components. This allows for easy deployment of applications.
- It is one of the best choices for building heavy, complicated web applications as it is developed with ADO.NET using data-binding and page formatting features.
What Does it Have for Real Estate Website Developer
Let’s compare two different web technologies, to give a clear picture of why ASP.NET is a better choice.
When implementing a real estate website in two different web technologies, ASP.NET is found to have more advantages in comparison to PHP. The amount of code is less in ASP.NET, as the code and HTML are together which makes it more flexible and easier. The ASP.NET framework is well accomplished with rich toolbox and designer. ActiveX Data Object for .NET is also a part of the same framework and is used to access data from the database. ASP.NET works well with ADO.NET using data binding. PHP might be easy to learn and code, it consumes more time for larger applications, as lines of code are required more. The most striking features which ASP.NET has Master page. The design and the content for all the pages are done in a single Master page and in PHP the header, style, and footer were coded in all the pages. The data grid containers in ASP.NET display the output more easily when compared to PHP grid. One of the important aspects noted during the development was the memory usage.
Microsoft next-generation ASP.NET and C# .NET come along with the featured GUI which contains a sophisticated search engine for potential buyers, to search for property listings as peer to their needs. The search engine also provides you with an easy and convenient way to search, the listings display the entire list of properties in a customized web format. The buyer can easily view the complete requirement for each property along with features, description, and photographs which gives potential buyers the complete idea of what they are looking for. The application also provides a drag and drop control to save the list of selected property listings while surfing for other options on the Real Estate Website.
Developing a website might be time-consuming and a difficult job and developing something more complex like a Real Estate website can get even more hectic. That’s the reason why technology is getting an advance day to day to make our job simpler and easier, Microsoft has done just that for us by bringing in ASP.NET to make web page development an easier task.