SUMMARY: Various ecommerce developers and site owners fall into the trap of not choosing the right technology to power their online store. This post is, hence, focused on bringing forth a list of some ecommerce technologies, which can make your site appealing, feature-rich and functionally superior.
Ecommerce has, over a period of time, going through a significant metamorphosis. When it started off, none of us could have envisaged the kind of transformation it will bring about in the way products/services are sold and bought. Today, an increasing number of retailers are coming to believe that sans a solid ecommerce website, they haven’t got a secured future. Moreover, given the fact that this online platform erases the distinction between small and large players, it gives all of them a level playing field, which in turn converts into more options for the customers.
In the recent times, we have noticed that ecommerce website development has emerged even further. Newer concepts and trends have made their way into the marketplace, and those retailers who have adopted them have managed to have an edge over the others. If my knowledge is anything to go by, I will suggest that you invest in mobile, video content, social advertising, and digital couponing to ensure that you are in sync with the times.
Alongside, what has made ecommerce more powerful and feature-rich has been the technology that has driven its existence since the outset. In this post, I endeavor to speak about those ecommerce technologies that will augment your online existence. We will encompass, in our discussion, certain impressive web applications and storefront software tools.
MAGENTO: It is difficult to discuss ecommerce without making a mention of Magento. Launched in the year 2008, this is an open source ecommerce web application. Some of the renowned brands, in the industry, make use of this application and have been using its powerful features since some years now. According to the official website of Magento, there are over 150,000 businesses which make are currently making use of this tool.
Why Special: Here are some reasons why I believe that Magento should be a part of this list:
- Large Community: Firstly, there is a large community of Hire Magento developers. It could be really helpful to you if you are just starting off or are stuck at a point.
- Moving with Times: It has been realized that there are regular additions to built-in features and extensions. This ensures that the technology that you for your ecommerce website development use is the most modern.
- Cost-Effective: With the global economy being uncertain, cost savings can happen to be a great respite. That is what Magento offers by being an open source application.
- Flexibility: The future lies for those developers who will employ innovation in their work. However, to come up with unique concepts, you need the software to be flexible, and that is what Magento is.
CS.CART: This one is a standalone software, which has received interest of the developers because of the fact that it is extremely easy to use. This software program has four independent editions, which are all designed in a way that they can fit into various website requirements.
Why Special: Here are certain aspects of CS Cart which make it special:
- All-in-One: Firstly, it is an all-in-one ecommerce software which makes it simple for you to get all those things that you require at the time of ecommerce development.
- Community: The community of CS Cart is on a rise, and this shall be helpful to you during the time of development.
- Help Desk: The support team of the company is highly professional, and shall help you in getting answers to all your queries.
BIGCOMMERCE: An ecommerce platform which has been gaining ‘Big’ popularity is BigCommerce. Many even believe that it is the best software solution, available for Ecommerce Stores.
Why Special: So, why do I believe that BigCommerce is special? Here are some reasons for the same:
- Marketing: This ecommerce platform provides a built-in marketing tool which makes it easier for you to reach out to your audience.
- Varied Features: There are over 100 features that you can access with BigCommerce, and they can all be had without any cost implication.
- Customization: It is extremely simple to customize your products, and present them in the way you prefer.
- Security: The security structures of BigCommerce are stringent. Given the security concerns of the twenty first century, such initiative can go a long way.
X-CART: Here’s about a shopping cart software, which has made a mark for itself because of its large number of extensions. Moreover, there are various others reasons that make it popular.
Why Special: Here’s why X-Cart is special:
- Extensions: As mentioned earlier, there are numerous extensions available with X-Cart
- Designing: To make your store front look superior and professional, it has a large number of design templates.
- Technical Support: Another feature worth noting about X-Cart is its strong technical support.
This is not an exhaustive list, and there are few other ecommerce technologies that are quite efficient too. However, these, according to me, are few of the best technologies that can make an ecommerce store more powerful, flexible and successful.